Monday 2 March 2009

Country Living - The Silent Killer

You'll have to excuse the title, I've always wanted to work "Silent killer" into one of my blog titles. Although I suppose you could say that with a large portion of O.A.P's migrating to the country side in their golden years (Or is it silver years? I'm never sure about that one) the country life IS something of a silent killer. I should make a graph to demonstrate this. One moment whilst I open paint and grapple with my Wacom tablet.


















As you can see, its all very clear and scientific. I had the boffins downstairs figure it all out for me. Ok, im done with my stupid introduction. But you didnt honestly expect anything else from me, right?


So lets discuss what happened today in class. We had a lecture from a lady called Dawn (It was dawn, right?). It seemed like pretty solid stuff and alot of it made sense. Unfortunately when it comes to listening my Brain can only really function at full capacity for about 20 minutes at a time, max. The lecture lasted about an hour and a half I think, so after the first 20 minutes I was forced to start taking notes since I couldn't really take in what she was saying. Due to my note taking to be sub-par however, I later looked at them and realised I had simply written down what most likely were, at the time, key words like "Demographic", "Acessibility", "Semi" (What the fudge right?), "Incoperation", "Feedback" and the all to useful "Profiling". Profiling was underlined. Twice. (That means its important, for those who arent on the "up and up"). However, the meaning behind these words are now completely lost on me. So I apologize Dawn, I will try to utilize every second of the first 20 minutes of your lecture to the best of my god given ability whilst working on this assignment, to atone for my crude (damn no-swearing policy...Damn you julie! Damn you examiners!) note taking.


Following this, we went to lunch. Lunch was the highlight of the day. I had steak. I havent had a steak since I became a student. Enough said. I also believe there was some entertaining conversation, but I rarely pay attention to that kind of garbage.


You may make a note of the fact that this is actually being posted on wednesday the 4th, not monday the 2nd (Which, according to the canon of my life, is when these events took place and I am supposed to be posting this post). This is due to some unforseen events that occured on monday as I was typing this all out, involving me getting on a bus and going into town, which left this particular post in a "draft" state, to be forget and rediscovered today when I went to add a new entry. So I am just going to finish this off with a "I dont remember what else I was going to write about on Monday". Well, that concludes this post, I hope someone reads it. As always, I'll see you in a couple of days Digital Media Design team (who all seem to have abandoned me at the back of the class where I now sit all by myself). This is me, setting sail for fail!


- Joe


1 comment:

Emy Harris said...

I like your blogs. Very entertaining and well written. Keep em up cos they do get read (by me at least!)

And no-one has abandoned you...Matt is never in and the other 2 are in when they feel like it. I'll sit next to you 1 day if you fancy a change :0)