Thursday 26 February 2009

And so a new chapter of Digital Media Design begins...




With my last assignment over and a complete failure, I have decided to have another go at the blog. Last time around I ended up not being able to get my production log up here due to some technical issues between me, my keyboard, blogger.com and a shoe. More over, a large update I posted before having these "technical issues" was completely lost due to the colleges crap internet, which was pretty disheartening. But on to bigger and better things! I'll have to work harder on this assignment to make up for the slack of the last one!


The new assignment is webdesign, not something im all together familiar with, which is also probably for the best. If im familiar with something I tend to want to do it MY way and go off on a little crusade that in the end has me making something that has nothing to do with the actual assignment at hand (See; Trying to fit Flash based animations into every project possible).


The age groups we've been set are pretty random, I think im leaning more towards generation X personally though, since that way I can just badger my parents for ideas. I was originally thinking of doing film, and using something like Empire magazine as a reference, but now im not to sure...film websites are a tad...overdone? We kind of live in a time where everyone has an opinion, and thats essentially what most film websites are about - reviewing cinema. I suppose I could try to hit it from a different angle, but why try to fix something that isnt broken? No no, I think I'll give something else a go.


Other then that, I haven't really decided much else. The website has to have 6 pages I beleive, so I guess I should start thinking about what kind of content im going to have on those pages. Is it just going to be 6 pages of different subjects around the content, or 6 pages containing completely different information? Who knows?


Well thats about it, I dont want to banter on. If you're bored and you were at all interested in the animation recommendations I've made previously, check out Princess Mononoke. Another one of Studio Ghibli's. Damn good television (well, cinema...animation...).


-Eoj

No comments: